Grenzgänger17. November 2019
Steampunk thriller “Der Hüter”28. November 2019
Stranger Things Binge Watched … and now the need to set a Demogorgon on your own friends? Watched Critical Role and already have 30 concepts for your own Dungeons & Dragons RPG characters at home, but no group to play with? You’d be leading yourself, but can you do that if you’ve never played before?
The answer, of course, is YES! And the presentation of Pen&Paper RPG’s game management at MagicCon 6 is a good start on the way to your first own campaign.
We want to deal with it:
- What are Pen&Paper RPGs?
- Which Pen&Paper RPG systems are there and which one is right for me?
- What do I need to play?
- How do I find a (good) group to play with?
- What is a Session Zero and why is it important?
- What is a campaign and how can I design my first one?
- “Homebrew” vs Modules; Advantages, Disadvantages and Mix&Match
- Basic – Techniques of the game management: How do I tell correctly?
- Basic – Management Techniques: How do I play NPCs?
- Advanced techniques of the game management: Present situations, not plot
- Advanced Techniques of the Game Guide: Of the Importance of “Yes, and…” and “No, but…”
- Game Guide Resources on the Internet: You Are Not Alone!
- Common problems in Pen&Paper rounds: Troubleshooting
- Positive psychological effects of RPGs
- + open round of questions
Lecturer: BrittDuration: 60 min - The Lecture will be held in: german
, have been playing Pen&Paper RPGs for 10 years, including Dungeons & Dragons
, and Call of Cthulhu
, and currently actively lead three rounds. In my spare time I'm also on the road on LARPs, I'm on stage in a lay theater group, I write my own fantasy stories and I've already introduced RPGs to many friends and acquaintances who weren't familiar with the subject yet.
In my psychology studies, I've also looked into the positive effects of Pen&Paper RPGs and found that as many people as possible should have the opportunity to get to know this hobby - but since I still remember how complicated and intimidating it seemed to me at the time to get started, I thought a lecture of this kind might be a good way to break down such barriers for newcomers.